A Tractive unit is a battery powered piece of pedestrian handling equipment to move wheeled or semi-wheeled loads. Used in all industries the Tractive unit can address manual handling issues involving getting your wheeled load from A to B safely.
Some other industry terms for this type of equipment are electric tugs, battery tugs, electric tow tractors, battery powered pushers and pedestrian tow tractors. Whatever you decide to call them, they are used as good alternatives to forklift trucks for manual handling problems in the pulling, pushing and manoeuvring of awkward or heavy loads in the workplace and to address health and safety issues for the workforce. Used in rail applications the Tractive units can move up to 50,000Kg and move 12,500Kg on trolleys. They ensure that operators can enjoy safe and efficient handling at all times. Simple to use, robust and ergonomically designed, we believe these electric tug units are the best on the market. Uses include, moving all wheeled and semi-wheeled loads, stillages, trolleys, baggage trolleys, roll cages, railed bogies, paper rolls and almost anything else on wheels you can think of!
- Design facility for bespoke applications.
- Servicing and maintenance.
- Operator training.
- Low cost finance options to spread your investment.
- Coupling options to suit your requirement.
- Anti trap and 'fail to safe' facility.
- A 5th wheel hydraulic system can be fitted to facilitate specialist applications.
- Our price is based on the unit without the coupling. We have a wide variety of coupling solutions that can be supplied at an extra cost.