Safety of personnel in environments where there are slippery surfaces is absolutely vital. When a sub-contractor of British Waterways noticed an increase in injuries and sick-leave at one particular site, they decided to investigate.
The conclusion of this was that a large number of the workforce had slipped on unsecure flooring and something had to be done immediately to ensure that health and safety regulations were being adhered to.
The sub-contractor’s first port of call was Action Handling, to arrange a meeting and discuss any improvements that could be made. A large quantity of safety tread and decking equipment was supplied and installed within three working days.
Slipgrip gives a complete covering of the entire stair tread or stairwell landing and is extremely easy to install. The fibreglass profile is covered with a very hard wearing grit non slip laminate.
- An instant remedy to slippery wood and steel staircases.
- Complies with UK Building Regulations and DDA Legislation.
- Stair Tread Slipgrip is supplied in a choice of five lengths and with a tread depth of 220mm - 345mm.
- Slipgrip Flat Sheet has the same characteristics as the Slipgrip Stair Treads and Landing Covers.
- Ideal for walkways, ramps, gangways, factory floors etc.
- Durable for forklift use.
- Non slip safety laminate grip surface.
All our safety treads and decking equipment is designed to comply with health and safety regulations.
For regular Action Handling updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Sign up to our monthly newsletter for company news and information.