When an Essex-based fire station encountered a recurring issue with maintenance and cleaning of fire engines, they contacted Action Handling Equipment Ltd to visit the site and advise of a solution to improve the process.
Previously, the client had been using a series of standard step-ladders to clean the fire engines, which was proving to be inefficient due the height and angles provided. In addition, several minor incidents with wet-floors and unsteady ladders meant that an alternative solution would be mandatory to comply with health and safety regulations. The expert design team at Action Handling visited the site to observe the current operation and made a recommendation accordingly.
The bespoke tower has a 4.2m clear span between the two climbing towers and an adjustable height platform with a 5m top height. The entire system fully complies with BS health and safety regulations. When fire engines require cleaning or maintenance, the bespoke tower is manoeuvred into place with the vehicle parked under the arch. This gives personnel complete access to both sides and the roof of the fire engine with a vastly reduced possibility of falling, slipping, dropping tools or property damage.
- Serrated non slip rungs for safe access to the working platform.
- Weather proof, anti-skid decking and adjustable guardrail system provide a safe working area.
- Incorporates the Safeguard fall protection system.
- Limited number of components provide quick assembly for access up and over ground level obstacles.
- No need to move desks, machinery, workstations etc allowing you to cause minimal disruption and get the job done quicker.
- Span adjusts to suit various particular requirements.
- Compact, lightweight components for easy handling and storage.
For regular Action Handling updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Sign up to our monthly newsletter for company news and information.