Action Handling was recently engaged by the procurement team at an executive agency of Her Majesty's Government, to supply a bespoke platform truck for use in their main UK office. The requirement originally discussed was for an electric platform trolley to transport certain items around the building.
During our initial conversation, the client mentioned that they had not been able to find any standard model on the UK market that offers two trays and a fully electric motor whilst conforming to the standard level of quality. Having noted down all the specification requirements and details of the expected daily usage, the Action Handling sales team sat down to design a solution.
In the standard range of Action Handling trucks and trolleys, there are a number of electric platform trucks which serve as an ideal base to build upon. The HI-POW-1260 offers the exact capacity and power output needed by the end-user. Standard model specification:
- 800Kg capacity.
- Thyristor speed control with variable speed control plus a maximum/minimum speed control facility.
- Emergency dead-man brake.
- Battery discharge indicator.
- Audio reverse alarm.
- Fitted on 2 x swivel 150mm rubber castors and 2 x 250mm pneumatic tyred wheels.
We utilised this model and added the following modifications:
- 1 x Top Tray with 50mm high sides
- 3 additional sides on the bottom tray (also 150mm high) situated to leave the bottom left side open for ease-of-use when loading and unloading items.
After sharing a detailed blueprint of the custom model, the client confirmed this was exactly what they required and sent across a purchase order. The model was manufactured and supplied within 2 working weeks.
For regular Action Handling updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Sign up to our monthly newsletter for company news and information.