PVC strip door curtains are a very cost-effective way to save your business money and improve working conditions. They can be introduced both internally and externally around your buildings with the minimum of ease.
The common benefits of using strip curtains are many fold, but generally they can be broken down into the following key areas:
- They are a cost effective solution to heat exchange throughout your building. Acting as internal door barriers they restrict the flow of heat from areas that need to be kept warmer or conversely to be kept cooler. When external doorways are left open this similarly leads to heat loss in the colder months and heat gain in the warmer times of the year. The employment of some strip curtains will instantly save money on your energy bills and of course they are highly flexible as in when you choose to use them.
- They are also a great way to reduce dust and fumes throughout your premises. Extraction of unwanted air particles is often a problem for industry and of course for the health and safety of your employees. Read about reducing dust and fumes it here.
- The need to exclude pests from entering your premises is another area of concern for public health. Open doors are an easy target for unwanted animals so the use of strip curtains can help to limit this exposure with external doorways that are often left open.
- Noise levels are extremely important throughout business premises and once again the use of strip curtains will help to limit the noise levels between certain areas of a factory. Advice about noise levels is given here.
- They are also ideal for partitioning off work areas either on a temporary or permanent basis. They are flexible to be used as and when required and they can easily be dismantled and re-erected as business tasks dictate.
- The continual flow of pedestrian traffic or fork lift trucks means that often the inconvenience of having to open and close doors repeatedly will be something that can be eliminated or at least restricted to a minimum by using the strip curtains either in place or in tandem with your existing door systems.
How do they work in practise and will they be easy to maintain or install?
The hanging rail is very simple to fit, the unique design allows for variable strip overlap and negates the need for any additional components or devices to secure the strips in place, they simply attach by hooking over the rail teeth and unhook for cleaning or replacing and it all only takes just a few seconds to carry out.
Once they are hung in place, the PVC strips are tough and flexible. These strips are capable of withstanding repeated impact from forklift trucks, pallet trucks and personnel travelling through them. PVC strips are extruded with round edges making them pedestrian friendly. The crystal-clear visual clarity makes them incredibly safe for all users on site to be aware of any traffic passing through the doorway at the same time. Once installed the strips require minimal maintenance with just the occasional wipe down with detergent to remove any dirt and grime that might have built up over time.
The hanging rail supplied is 304 food grade stainless steel so no extreme deterioration will occur once the rail is hung in place, regardless of the environment the curtain is used in.
cut to size and 50 metre long rolls of PVC strip are available in different thicknesses to suit your application.