We all know that it doesn’t take much for an organised and tidy stockroom to quickly become a mess. When things get busy, it’s sometimes easier to cut corners and go back later – however, leaving stock, empty cardboard boxes, packaging and numerous other items lying around can seriously impact on the efficiency and safety of your storage area. If this is happening on a regular basis, perhaps it’s time to assess your current storage requirements and make any necessary changes to improve your business.
The Action Handling plan to help keep your stockroom spic and span:
- Start by removing everything from your storeroom, taking care to batch similar products together as you go.
- Assess your shelving, racking and storage boxes to decide if anything new is required.
- Use this opportunity to thoroughly clean the stockroom whilst empty.
Once the storeroom has been cleaned and shelving requirements assessed:
- Store smaller items together in plastic storage boxes or containers. Make sure to label everything clearly.
- Designate specific areas for groups of products, storing related products within easy reach of each other.
- Popular products should be close to hand. Less favoured items can be stored away in less accessible areas.
- Keep an area clear for the temporary storage of incoming stock.
- Keep an inventory sheet to help staff locate items quickly & easily.
At Action Handling, we not only supply storeroom shelving and storage, we also carry the storage boxes, signage and labelling required to make your storage area a thing of beauty. And if you can’t find exactly what you need in our vast range, we’ll make it for you. So for more information about our shelving and storage or bespoke steel fabrication service, give us a call our friendly sales team are here to help .
For regular Action Handling updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Sign up to our monthly newsletter for company news and information.